Today, Clark County School District (CCSD) Superintendent Jesus F. Jara released his 90-day entry plan, One Team, One Goal: Making CCSD #1forkids.
Click here to read the plan.
The 90-day entry plan outlines initial focus goals including:
- Joining with the Board of School Trustees as a cohesive governance team with a singular agenda focused on improving the achievement of all students
- A focus on rich and rigorous instruction to improve student outcomes
- A focus on human capital, including strengthening collaborative relations with labor unions
- Aligning budget and operation decisions to district priorities
- A focus on organizational capacity and alignment to improve support to schools
During the past three days, Dr. Jara has met with CCSD Trustees, members of the Legislature, principals and teachers. Today, he visited his first district school, Del Sol Academy of the Performing Arts, where he interacted with students participating in summer school courses and toured the school’s performing arts magnet program.
Dr. Jara also announced the start of his reorganization plan by hiring two key administrative leaders that he previously worked with during his time at Orange County Public Schools.
- Diane Gullett, appointed as Deputy Superintendent
- Jennifer Cupid-McCoy, appointed as Chief of Staff
The Deputy Superintendent position was already included in the budget, and the Chief of Staff position was created by the consolidation of existing positions.
For more information on Superintendent Jara, click here.