- Positive Attitude
- Conferred Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 2.75 GPA
- Passing Praxis® Core or CBEST® Scores
- Passing Praxis® Subject Assessment Scores (secondary only)
- Attend mandatory ALTA Information Session
- Current Resume
- (7) Yrs Work History (no unexplained gaps)
- (3) Supervisory References
- Praxis® or CBEST® Score Report
Due to the events surrounding COVID-19 we want to extend the deadline to accommodate interested applicants. Applicants will be required to attach evidence of registration for a June 2020 Praxis test to their application. Fingerprinting and payment of $555.00 will be due July 15, 2020 for those accepted into the ALTA Program.
Fall – Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education Cohorts
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
Candidate Notification: July 1, 2020
All candidates must take and pass all sections of the Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators assessment or the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST®) prior to acceptance into a cohort.
Candidates interested in a secondary program must take and pass an additional Praxis® Subject Assessment in their desired area of licensure prior to acceptance into a cohort.
For more information on testing, please visit the FAQS & Resources page!