- Positive Attitude
- Conferred Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 2.75 GPA
- Passing Praxis® Core or CBEST® Scores
- Passing Praxis® Subject Assessment Scores (secondary only)
- Attend mandatory ALTA Information Session
- Current Resume
- (7) Yrs Work History (no unexplained gaps)
- (3) Supervisory References
- Praxis® or CBEST® Score Report
Fall – Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education Cohorts
Application Deadline: May 1
Candidate Notification: Mid-June
Spring – Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education Cohorts
Application Deadline: October 1
Candidate Notification: Mid-November
Late Spring – Special Education Cohort
Application Deadline: January 1
Candidate Notification: Mid-February
All candidates must take and pass all sections of the Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators assessment or the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST®) prior to submitting an application.
Candidates interested in a secondary program must take and pass an additional Praxis® Subject Assessment in their desired area of licensure prior to application.
For more information on testing, please visit the FAQS & Resources page!