Our Professional Salary Table (PST) was created in collaboration between the Clark County School District and the Clark County Education Association. Base salaries on the PST range from $41,863 up to $93,018. Below are some general parameters on how we place new hires on the PST. For more detailed information, please click HERE and see Article 26.
- Those without previous full-time, contracted experience earn $41,863 for the first year.
- We guarantee an increase or equal salary (up to $93,018) for those with previous full-time, contracted experience within the past 3 school years.
- A combination of experience and college/university credits is used for those with previous full-time, contracted experience NOT within the past 3 school years.
- Some licensed professionals (e.g. school nurses, school psychologists, ROTC instructors, Business and Industry licensees, those with a related specialist degree) are eligible to be placed higher on the PST.
Your salary will go even further, simply by living in Nevada! We have NO state income tax, lower than average sales tax, and a cost of living that is lower than the national average.
Add our generous benefits package to the $41,863 through $93,018 salary range and that amount translates to $62,436 through $129,757. For a detailed breakdown, click here.
Medical (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Coverage for dependents, domestic partners, spouses
- Review the different benefit plans, via the Teachers Health Trust
Retirement (Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada)
- Nevada is one of very few states that does not have an age requirement in order to retire
- Vested in 5 years
- CCSD contributes 28% of employees’ salary, at nearly no cost to the employee
- Visit https://www.nvpers.org/ for more information
Home is Possible
The “Home is Possible” grant program helps make the dream of home ownership a reality for qualified Nevadans. The grant provides up to 4% of a loan’s value for down payment and closing costs. The grant never needs to be repaid!
For more detailed information about this or one of the many other programs available, click HERE.
Student Loan Forgiveness
Borrowers of certain U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) loans may quality for deferment, forbearance or cancellation of all or part of their loans for teaching service in a designated low-income school or in a designated teacher shortage area/subject-matter shortage area, depending on the type of loans and when the loans were made.
For more information about the Loan Forgiveness program for teachers, click HERE.
Discount Partnership Program
Through the Clark County Education Association, community businesses offer reduced fees/costs for a wide variety of services and products for licensed professionals. Take advantage of major discounts to nationwide venues and theme parks for the entire family. Click HERE for a complete listing.
School-Community Partnership Program
The School-Community Partnership Program connects local businesses and community members with our schools to enrich students’ educational experiences. Partnerships have included contests, field trips, guest speakers, recognition programs, and more. Recently, we have entered formal partnerships with our major league sporting franchises – Golden Knights and Las Vegas Raiders!
Often these same businesses offer reduced cost or complimentary access to a variety of attractions, concerts, musicals, sporting events, etc. A local business provided a FREE CAR to one lucky teacher two years in a row!